Saturday, October 11, 2008

more than I could ask...

So if you read my last post, you saw that I had some pretty high hopes for my time at the Catalyst conference. I'll admit that while I had really high expectations, I secretly feared that I wouldn't get out of the week what I was hoping to get out of the week...that my hopes may be too high. 
I am so thankful that I have a God who can do more than I ever ask or imagine. He just took my little meager prayers and totally blew them up into so much more. This week was amazing. I went in with so many questions/thoughts/desires/hopes and I feel like God met each one of them in only a way that He can. And as typically is the case, He spoke to those things in ways that I would NEVER have anticipated. I love that His ways and His thoughts are so much higher than mine. 
I have much to process about this week. There were things that speakers said, but also things that God specifically spoke to me that I need to continue to think about and pray about. And I've decided that I may just use my blog to do some of that processing because I want other people to be blessed by the things I was blessed with over the past 3 days! And there's no way that I can write it all out in one post, so I'm going to start my "Catalyst Diary" tomorrow and just keep writing from day to day until I'm done! 
So stay tuned...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!~ I'm so glad you had a great time in Atlanta :-) We missed you while camping this weekend, but I knew that God had some amazing things for you as well. I look forward to hearing more about your trip at our first small group meeting - you should share some things if you want to :-)

Kim

Jada Shock said...

Melanie~
This is Jada Shock (used to be Brown) and I saw your blog link on Kyla's blog. We were at Catalyst too and had a great time. It was so refreshing! Just wanted to connect... hope you are doing well.