Wednesday, October 21, 2009

back to it!

So my last post was over a month ago...which makes me sad. There's definitely been a ton to write about...but just no time to write! I told someone today that every time I open my computer, I just think about the 10,000 things I need to get done and never just spend "fun time" on the computer!

In one week, I leave to Uganda. I am beside myself...if you haven't been able to check it out, I have written a couple of posts about where I'll be, who I'll be with, and what I'll be doing. There's an unbelievable amount of things to get done within this next week - I've been trying to get bills and rent set up to be drafted out while I'm gone, get everything set for youth group and have "coverage" set up for the month of November, get the major stuff set up and sent out about the big girls day we're doing in January, finish writing my Bible Study for all the women and girls reading through it while I'm gone, buy supplies for Uganda, pack, get in hours at my office job, see some people before I leave...the list goes on and on and on. Oh yeah, and then there's our big junior high retreat this weekend...and being sick isn't helping.

Sounds a little ridiculous once I write it all out. I had to remind myself today of Francis Chan's very wise words: "When I'm consumed with my problems - stressed out about my life...I actually convey the belief that I think the circumstances are more important than God's command to always rejoice. In other words, that I have a "right" to disobey God because of the magnitude of my responsibilities."

I am not sure how reliable the internet will be in the village where I'm staying next month, but as long as we have internet, I'll be updating this blog with pictures and stories and such...so STAY TUNED!

No comments: