Thursday, October 29, 2009

waiting, waiting, waiting...

So we're at our almost 4 hour layover in Amsterdam. BARELY made the flight here. We literally heard our name over the speakers in the Amsterdam airport as we were running to our gate.

For the record, I thought our airplane meal was quite delish on the way here. They gave us these oatmeal bar things for desert...amazing! Like I wanted to buy some from the airline. Alas, no room whatsoever in my backpack. I also got to catch up on some reading and writing...and finally got to watch the movie 17 Again...I've been wanting to see that ever since it came out! don't hate...

The flight from here to Entebbe is 8 hours...I will definitely be doing some sleeping on that one. My body is telling me it's midnight...but the clock says 6:00 AM.

I am filled with expectancy right now...can't wait to see what God is going to do over the next 30 days. I can't wait to see how He's going to move, to see Him in new ways through the faces of my FAMILY in Uganda, to experience Him in new ways... I started reading Francis Chan's new book Forgotten God on the plane. He says, "...there will always be more to discover, more of His love to experience, and more of His power to use for His purposes." I love it. We serve an inexhaustible God!

My biggest prayer right now can be summed up in the bridge of one of the awesomest songs ever:

Open up my eyes to the things unseen.
Show me how to love like You have loved me.
Break my heart for what breaks Yours.
Everything I am's for Your Kingdom's cause


3 comments:

jozanna said...

I love you so much Melanie. I'm praying for you and all your trip. You are so incredible.

Jenna Monforte said...

Melanie, even on the other side of the world we would be reading the same book! Love you sister and I am praying for you and all the people you are going to hang out with over the next month. Break my heart for what breaks your's...man you are about to be overwhelmed in a good way, I can feel it!

Grace and Fam said...

praying for the trip. Bless you :) cam, beth & gracey