Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Adventures with the Robinson Crew, So? - Day 3


first full day in the sun…

We woke up this morning to the sound of two shrieking children. Thankfully, I was on the top bunk which meant I avoided getting pounced on by said children. But Erica and Kate were blessed to receive both the shrieking and the pouncing. This taught us that if we were wanting to get much sleep, we were going to have to start going to bed earlier. Because when John Mark and Riley are ready for us to get up, we’re getting up.

The vast majority of today was spent either sitting on the beach and reading/relaxing…

or playing in the water...

The weather and the water were absolutely INCREDIBLE today. It was a little overcast, with an incredible breeze. I was also given the name “Fortress of Beachdom” today by one of JP’s sisters…so that’s pretty sweet – although I still really have no idea what it means…besides the fact that I’m tall and that I’m at the beach. haha

I think my mind/body/soul are finally starting to wind down and RELAX...which is amazing…and a little foreign, to be honest. I can’t believe I get to enjoy 5 more days of this! Oh and we can’t forget the amazing sunset that so fittingly closed out this amazing day.

So one of my main goals for the week is to finish each of the many books that I’ve begun over the past few months but never finished. First on the list: The Shack. I can’t figure out what I think about it…there’s some really good things in it but I’m not loving it as much as I wanted to. There are some really thought-provoking things in it, so I would still definitely recommend it. If you haven’t read it, it’s about a guy named Mack who, after experiencing a horrible tragedy, ends up spending a weekend in a shack with God/the Trinity. Anyway, I’m going to start inserting my favorite quote from my readings each day, so the quote for today, from “Papa” (the character of God) to Mack in The Shack:

“You don’t know that we [the Trinity] love you. The person who lives by their fears will not find freedom in my love. I am not talking about rational fears regarding legitimate dangers, but imagined fears, and especially the projection of those into the future. To the degree that those fears have a place in your life, you neither believe I am good nor know deep in your heart that I love you. You sing about it; you talk about it; but you don’t know it.”

Good night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow girl - how much fun!! The beach looks amazing! What beach are you guys at? Jason and I leave for Oregon Beach on Friday and we're so excited, but the sand is nothing like that!

Have a great relaxing time - you deserve it!!!

Kim