Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Adventures with the Robinson Crew, So? - Day 4

I had every intention of waking up early and going for a run, but when the alarm went off at 8:00, my mind was saying “yes” and my body was saying “no”…and was saying it much louder. So I slept…

And today was another day full of reading/sleeping/making “dribble castles” on the beach...with a break in between for eating of course. Riley was wearing the cutest swimsuit ever today, so I spent much of my time snapping pics (which will soon be available for your viewing pleasure on Facebook…). I mean, look at this…

And we can't leave out Riley's amazing "Ocean" song and dance...

 There were also a couple of sweet sandcastles made today (neither of them by myself, but cool nonetheless).

Then tonight we partook in some amazing seven-layer dip by Jill and all the females came to our house for some seven-layer dessert bars (ahem…made by myself…yes, I did something in the kitchen that involved ingredients and an oven) and a viewing of “27 Dresses”. By the time the movie was over, there were only a few remaining conscious people left. There’s just something about that sun that stinkin’ wears you out…I love it.

I'm almost finished with The Shack...it's definitely getting better! There are some really great quotes to pull from it, but my pick for the day is again from Papa (the character for God):

"Nobody knows what horrors I have saved the world from 'cuz people can't see what never happened. All evil flows from independence, and independence is your choice. If I were to simply revoke all the choices of independence, the world as you know it would cease to exist and love would have no meaning. This world is not a playground where I keep all my children free from evil. Evil is the chaos of this age that you brought to me, but it will not have the final say. Now it touches everyone that I love, those who follow me and those who don't. If I take away the consequences of people's choices, I destroy the possibility of love. Love that is forced is no love at all."

No comments: